Pages

Saturday 3 November 2012

The search for the best Strawberry Shortcake

Today my quest to search for the best Strawberry Shortcake in town continues. So early this morning I went to the "Mary Grace" to pick up the cake I reserved for my birthday!  It has been my tradition for 3 years now to have Strawberry Shortcake for my birthday, and once again I forgot to have my cake reserved earlier. Just liked what happened last year, lucky for me last year the owner of New Hatchin (a Japanese Grocery) was so kind enough to take my order even though the shop policy is to pre-order the whole cakes 5-7 days ahead. They even put a personalize message on my cake, in Japanese! *soo cute i'll post a picture of it on my next post* though they made me to return to the shop 5 hrs later, because they were still making it and still have to deliver it at the shop... So far my favorite Strawberry Shortcake is still the one I bought for Christmas 5 years ago at Jipan Bakeshop.

Anyways back to the story, I asked my mom to call Mary Grace Cafe early this morning to ask if their Strawberry  Shortcake is still available, luckily they still have 1 whole cake left *phew talk about luck* but sadly they were not able to put a message on it because the order should be 1 day ahead of the pick-update.


So after that we went to church then went straight to the shop to get my cake. While at the shop Mom suddenly got hungry, so  we ended up having lunch their. I must say the interiors of the shop is really pretty, the look was inspired on a traditional Filipino-Spanish Colonial House with a homey ambiance




Isn't It Homey??



What made it even more homey
 is the Table itself that displays the messages of the satistfied customers topped with clear glass.



The lantern somehow reminded me of "Harry Potter" *hahaha*



so pretty ^_^



Here's a Picture of my order:

Chicken Salad

Spanish Sardines in Olive Oil Pasta
*yum yum*




OK it's time to end my post, will blog about the cake review on my next post for now here's a sneak peek of  the cake





2 comments:

  1. yumyum! can't wait for your next update regarding S.O.S :)

    ReplyDelete